- If you have a University of Adelaide email address click the Buy - Staff or Student button
- All other email addresses click the Buy Print Edition button (price is the same)
- Hover your mouse over Shopping Cart at the top right to edit or check out (pay)
- No need to register but you do need to fill in your details for the invoice
- Shipping in Australia is a flat $15, outside Australia a flat $40.
- Choose 'pick-up in person' if you wish to collect the book (drop-down menu just under Delivery Cost). Please contact us via phone or email to arrange the pick-up.
Coastal Landscapes of South Australia
by Robert P. Bourman, Colin V. Murray-Wallace and Nick Harvey
$132.00 | 2016 | Paperback | 978-1-925261-20-2 | 420 pp
FREE | 2016 | Ebook (PDF) | 978-1-925261-21-9 | 420 pp
Over 200 colour illustrations
Geologically, the South Australian coast is very young, having evolved over only 1% of geological time, during the past 43 million years since the separation of Australia and Antarctica. It is also very dynamic, with the current shoreline position having been established from only 7000 years ago.
The South Australian mainland coast is 3816 km long, with islands providing an additional 1251 km of coast, giving a total coastline of just over 5000 km. South Australian coastal landforms include cliffs, rocky outcrops and shore platforms, mangrove woodlands, mudflats, estuaries, extensive sandy beaches, coastal dunes and coastal barrier systems, as well as numerous near-shore reefs and islands.
This book is a landmark study into the variable character of the South Australian coast and its long-term evolution.
Call (08) 8313 1721 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.