- If you have a University of Adelaide email address click the Buy - Staff or Student button
- All other email addresses click the Buy Print Edition button (price is the same)
- Hover your mouse over Shopping Cart at the top right to edit or check out (pay)
- No need to register but you do need to fill in your details for the invoice
- Shipping in Australia is a flat $15, outside Australia a flat $40.
- Choose 'pick-up in person' if you wish to collect the book (drop-down menu just under Delivery Cost). Please contact us via phone or email to arrange the pick-up.
Emotions, Senses, Spaces:
Ethnographic Engagements and Intersections
edited by Susan R. Hemer and Alison Dundon
$33.00 | 2016 | Paperback | 978-1-925261-26-4 | 202 pp
FREE | 2016 | Ebook (PDF) | 978-1-925261-27-1 | 202 pp
This volume draws together three core concerns for the social
sciences: the senses and embodiment, emotions, and space and
place. In so doing, these collected essays consider the ways in
which these core concerns are mutually constitutive. This includes
how spaces evoke, constrain or are composed by the senses and
emotions; the ways in which emotions are generated or transformed in
certain spaces and through sensual engagement; and the processes
by which embodied senses create spaces and emotions.
The chapters engage with intersections between space, sense and emotion through a range of experiences and activities including dance, bullfights, healing ceremonies, celebrations and music. The authors herein critically examine diverse contexts, in and through which relations between sensate bodies, spaces and places, and emotions are constituted. The chapters draw on long-term ethnographic fieldwork from which the authors critically engage with their material on a fundamental level and contribute to contemporary debates about the nature and experience of emotions, the sensing body, and spaces and places.
Call (08) 8313 1721 or send an email to email@example.com.