Buy Print EditionBuy – Staff or Student
- If you have a University of Adelaide email address click the Buy - Staff or Student button
- All other email addresses click the Buy Print Edition button (price is the same)
- Hover your mouse over Shopping Cart at the top right to edit or check out (pay)
- No need to register but you do need to fill in your details for the invoice
- Shipping in Australia is a flat $15, outside Australia a flat $40.
- Choose 'pick-up in person' if you wish to collect the book (drop-down menu just under Delivery Cost). Please contact us via phone or email to arrange the pick-up.
Reforming Trade Policy in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands
Kym Anderson and Michael Bosworth
Republished by the University of Adelaide Press 2009
$33.00 | 2009 | Paperback | 978-0-9806238-9-5 | 204 pp
FREE | 2009 | Electronic (PDF) | 978-0-9806238-2-6 | 204 pp
The countries of the South Pacific have struggled to generate sustainable economic growth since their independence. Interventionist policies have failed in the past here, as they have in all other regions. Business and government leaders in this region are now beginning to acknowledge — as has happened in many other developing country regions over the past two decades — that major reforms are needed to put their economies onto a higher growth path. This study examines the growth record of key Pacific island economies and indentifies the reasons for their relatively poor performance. It then looks at the process of globalization that is affecting those and indeed all economies increasingly; and the role the WTO has played in that process.
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Call (08) 8313 1721 or send an email to email@example.com.