Publications, Presentations and Media
The CEMH recommends:
- Jureidini J (2021, August 18). Why universal childcare would be our greatest investment. The Canberra Times: Opinion. https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7392259/why-universal-childcare-would-be-our-greatest-investment/
- Jureidini J, McHenry L. The Illusion of Evidence-Based Medicine. Exposing the crisis of credibility in clinical research. Wakefield Press, 2020.
- Jureidini J. Are you being managed? Indian Journal of Medical Ethics. Published online on September 8, 2020. DOI:https://doi.org/10.20529/IJME.2020.094
- Whitely M, Raven M, Jureidini J. Antidepressant prescribing and suicide/self-harm in young Australians: Regulatory warnings, contradictory advice, and long- term trends. Frontiers in Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 05 June 2020 https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2020.00478
- Daya I, Maylea C, Raven M, Hamilton B, Jureidini J. (letter) Defensive rhetoric in psychiatry: an obstacle to health and human rights. Lancet Psychiatry. 2020 Mar;7(3):231.
- Cosgrove L, Jureidini J. Why a rights-based approach is not anti-psychiatry Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2019, 53:503-504
- Whitely, M., Raven, M., Timimi, S., Jureidini, J., Phillimore, J., Leo, J., Moncrieff, J. & Landman, P. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder late birthdate effect common in both high and low prescribing international jurisdictions: systematic review. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 2019, 60 (4), 380– 391.
- Healy D, Le Noury J, Jureidini J. Paediatric antidepressants: Benefits and risks International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine 2019;30(1):1-7
- Plevin D, Jureidini J, Howell S, Smith N. Paediatric antiepileptic polytherapy: systematic review of efficacy and neurobehavioural effects and a tertiary centre experience. Acta Paediatr. 2018 Mar 30. doi: 10.1111/apa.14343.
- Parker L, Bero L, Gillies D, Raven M, Mintzes B, Jureidini J, Grundy Q. (2018) Mental health messages in prominent mental health apps. Annals of Family Medicine, 16(4), 338-342. doi: 10.1370/afm.2260
- Healy D, Le Noury J, Jureidini J. Los antidepresivos en pediatría: ¿el mayor fracaso de la asistencia sanitaria? Rev. Asoc. Esp. Neuropsiq. 2018; 37(132): 5; 329-350.
- Amsterdam JD, McHenry LB, Jureidini JN. Industry-Corrupted Psychiatric Trials. Psychiatr. Pol. 2017; 51(6): DOI: https://doi.org/10.12740/PP/80136
- Walsh J, Cominos N, Jureidini J. How language shapes psychiatric case formulation. Communication & Medicine. 2016, 13: 99–114
- Jureidini J. Perverse Asylums: Failure of Decency Breeds Dangerous Resentment. Socioanalysis 2016;18:53–61.
- Jureidini J. Data transparency in clinical trials: Implications of Restoring Study 329. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2016, 50:1199-1200.
- Le Noury J, Nardo JM, Healy D, Jureidini J, Raven M, Tufanaru C, Abi-Jaoude E. Study 329 continuation phase: Safety and efficacy of paroxetine and imipramine in extended treatment of adolescent major depression International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine, 28:143-161, 2016
- Caldwell D, Walsh J, Vine EW, Jureidini J (eds). The Discourse of Sport: Analyses from Social Linguistics. Routledge, 2016
- The citalopram CIT-MD-18 pediatric depression trial: Deconstruction of medical ghostwriting, data mischaracterisation and academic malfeasance
- Jureidini, J., Amsterdam, J., McHenry, L. B. International Journal Risk and Safety in Medicine. 28 (2016) 33-24.
- Getting it published.
- Jureidini, J. Antidepressants fail, but no cause for therapeutic gloom. The Lancet. 2016. June.
- Jureidini, J. Think twice before prescribing for ADHD. MJA InSight. 2016. April 4.
- Raven M. Analysis of Mortality in Mental Disorders. JAMA Psychiatry 2015. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.1362
- Le Noury J, Nardo, JM, Healy D, Jureidini J, Raven M, Tufanaru C, Abi-Jaoude E. Restoring Study 329: efficacy and harms of paroxetine and imipramine in treatment of major depression in adolescence. BMJ 2015;351:4320.
- Jureidini J. Let children cry. Medical Journal of Australia. 2014. Nov 17;201(10):612-3.
- Jureidini J, Tonkin A, Jureidini E. Combination Pharmacotherapy for Psychiatric Disorders in Children and Adolescents. Pediatric Drugs 2013;15:377-391.
- Frances A, Raven M. Two views on the DSM-5: the need for caution in diagnosing and treating mental disorders. Am Fam Physician. 2013 Oct 15;88(8):Online.
- Raven M, Parry P. Psychotropic marketing practices and problems: implications for DSM-5. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2012 Jun;200(6):512-6.
- Raven M, Stuart GW, Jureidini J. 'Prodromal' diagnosis of psychosis: Ethical problems in research and clinical practice. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2012 Jan;46(1):64-5.
- Rogers W, Zutlevics T, Raven M, Jureidini J. Guidance offers little in the way of ethics or transparency. BMJ. 2012 Apr 24;344:e2910.
- Jureidini J, Raven M. Healthy Kids Check: lack of transparency and misplaced faith in the benefits of screening. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2012 Oct;46(10):924-7.
- Jureidini J. Explanations and unexplanations: restoring meaning to psychiatry. ANZJ Psychiatry 2012; 46: 188-191.
- Jureidini J. Key opinion leaders in psychiatry: A conflicted pathway to career advancement. ANZJ Psychiatry 2012;46: 495-7
- Jureidini J, Burnside J. Children in Immigration Detention: a case of Reckless Mistreatment. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health 2011; 35:304-306.
- Raven M. Omission of evidence about 5-year outcomes. Br J Psychiatry. 2011 Mar;198(3):239-40.
2010 and earlier
- Isacsson G, Rich CL, Jureidini J, Raven M. The increased use of antidepressants has contributed to the worldwide reduction in suicide rates. Br J Psychiatry. 2010 Jun;196(6):429-33.
- Jureidini J, McHenry L, Mansfield P. Clinical trials and drug promotion: Selective reporting of study 329. Int J Risk & Safety in Medicine 2008; 20:73-81.
- Jureidini J, Mintzes B, Raven M. Does direct-to-consumer advertising of antidepressants lead to a net social benefit? Pharmacoeconomics. 2008;26(7):557-66.
- Jureidini J and Tonkin A. Overuse of antidepressants for depression. CNS Drugs 2006; 20:623-632.
- Raven M, Rogers W, Jureidini J. Partnerships between academic psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry. Australas Psychiatry. 2005 Mar;13(1):83-4.
- Tonkin A, Jureidini J. (invited editorial) Wishful thinking: Antidepressant drugs in childhood depression. British Journal of Psychiatry 2005; 187:304-305.
- Jureidini JN, Doecke CJ, Mansfield, PR, Haby MM, Menkes DB, Tonkin AL. Efficacy and safety of antidepressants for children and adolescents. British Med J. 2004; 328:879-883.
- Donald T, Jureidini J. Parenting Capacity. Child Abuse Review 2004; 13:5-17.
- Mansfield P, Henry D, Tonkin A. Single enantiomer drugs: Elegant science, disappointing effects. Clin Pharmacokinetics 2004; 43:287-290.
- Manger, Sam. #122 The Illusion of Evidence-Based Medicine with Dr Jon Jureidini. The GP Show 10 January 2021, podcast guest.
- Dunlevy, Sue & Pike, Ben. Mental Health 360: Mental health crisis: How we can help those in need The Advertiser 03 December 2020, panel discussion
- Harper, Hilary. Is evidence-based medicine everything it should be? Life Matters (ABC Radio National) 24 August 2020, guest: Prof Jon Jureidini
- Spinney, Laura. Nature Book Reviews. Drugs, money and misleading evidence 29 June 2020
- Karvelas, Patricia. 'Significant research' shows antidepressants harmful for children ABC Radio National 19 June 2020, guest: Prof Jon Jureidini
- McCauley, Dana. Health Minister orders review after study links antidepressants and youth suicide The Sydney Morning Herald 14 June 2020
- Radio 2GB Sydney 27 April 2019, guest: Prof Jon Jureidini
- Maisel, Eric. 'Jon Jureidini on Critical and Ethical Mental Health' Psychology today, 10 March 2016
- Jackson-Webb, Fron 'Half of teens outgrow depression and anxiety' The Conversation 16 January 2014, interviewee: Prof Jon Jureidini
- Sheean, Liz. Turning sorrow into sickness: An interview with Jon Jureidini. Psychotherapy in Australia, Vol. 18, No. 2, Feb 2012: 40-45
- Adelaide Festival of Ideas 22 October 2011, guest: Prof Jon Jureidini
- The Advertiser , 'Festival of Ideas: All in the mind' 1 October 2011
- Lateline 'Mental health experts disagree on future of care' 18 August 2011
- TedxSydney 'Michael Wesley & Jon Jureidini - Speaker Interviews' 22 May 2010