Student Grievance Advisors

Students are advised to consult with a Student Grievance Advisor to assist with the resolution of their grievance, and they may do so at any stage of the grievance process.

Contacting a Student Grievance Advisor

For advice on the Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP), please contact a Student Grievance and Conduct Advisor in Student Affairs.

Please read about the role and responsibilities of Student Grievance Advisors before seeking advice.


  • Mr Robert Simms +61 8 8313 7503, or
  • Ms Kate Borrett +61 8 8313 4456


Please note: Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors conduct a preliminary assessment of the merits of an appeal and are therefore not in a position to provide advice on the preparation of a student's appeal application. For independent advice on your specific circumstances, please contact an Education and Welfare Officers in Student Care (see below).

For support concerning student grievances

Students may seek advice and assistance from the following advisors:

Please see outlined below the roles and responsibilities of Student Grievance Advisors.


  • To provide a first point of contact to discuss a student’s grievance or potential grievance.
  • To explore the claims made by the student to ascertain their validity and seriousness.
  • To assist in clarifying the nature of the grievance, formulating the grievance and determining desired outcomes.
  • To explore options for action in accord with the Student Grievance Resolution Process, or outside it.
  • To support the student throughout the Grievance Resolution Process (the Education & Welfare Officers may also support through advocacy).
  • To monitor the fairness of the grievance resolution process on behalf of the student.


  • To listen non-judgementally to the issues raised by the student.
  • To provide information on application of the Student Grievance Resolution Process, including information about required timelines, confidentiality and privacy, and protecting against victimisation.
  • To maintain confidentiality about the grievance and not reveal identifying details of the case without the permission of the aggrieved student, except where there is a risk to the safety of any persons or where there is a legal requirement.
  • Where the grievance process reveals information about actions or behaviour which, in the opinion of the Student Grievance Advisor, would pose a high level of risk to the University, its people or its property, refer it immediately to the Chief Operating Officer.

Can’t find what you are looking for?

Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP)


Any enquiries regarding the Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP) can be directed to the Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors.

Contact a Student Grievance and Conduct Advisor