Student Grievance & Appeals Committee
The Student Grievance and Appeals Committee is a committee of the University that hears student appeals in certain circumstances.
The Committee has the power to determine one of the following outcomes:
- grant your appeal.
- endorse the previous decisions or determinations relevant to your grievance.
- determine an alternative resolution, which may include, but is not limited to, any of the options for resolution.
- recommend a review of procedures.
- recommend changes to program rules, academic or administrative policies or procedures..
- dismiss the appeal.
Please note that your appeal will only be referred to the Student Grievance and Appeals Committee for its consideration, if it is assessed to have merit by student affairs or by the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Vice President (Academic).
If your appeal is referred to the Committee, you will receive information within 10 business days of the referral of your appeal on:
- the names of the members of the Student Grievance and Appeal Committee.
- your rights and responsibilities, and
- the time, date and proposed venue for the committee hearing.
A hearing of the Committee will occur within 20 business days of your appeal being referred to it. In some circumstances, committee hearings may be deferred or adjourned.