Santos Karnkanthi Indigenous Engineering School
Are you curious about how things work? Want to create solutions for our communities most challenging problems?
Wirltu Yarlu Aboriginal Education at the University of Adelaide, in partnership with Santos are running an Engineering School for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander high school students in Years 11 and 12. Held in Adelaide, this immersive five day camp gives you the opportunity to experience the many different ways that engineering can be applied to the real world.
Throughout the 5 days, you will be participating in many fun activities and hands on experiences to broaden your understanding of engineering, including coding activities, playing with robots, visiting sites, meeting industry representatives and more!
We will show you and your companion the sights that Adelaide has to offer and what student life is like at The University of Adelaide.
This is a free once in a lifetime opportunity so secure your spot now!
- Spaces are limited. Submit your application form early to secure your spot!
- All costs related to travel, accommodation and meals are covered for students and adult accompanying.
- Participants will have the opportunity to enter the Karnkanthi Indigenous Education Program coordinated by Wirltu Yarlu. This program supports our students throughout their senior years of schooling to prepare them for university by building on their unique personal, academic and cultural strengths.
- Students attending will be in the running to receive a Santos Karnkanthi scholarship. There will be 5 awarded scholarships each to the value of $5,000.
- Prize draws will occur during the week.
|Who can attend||You and Your Companion! – If you are a Year 11 or Year 12 student who is interested in STEM and particularly Engineering along with an adult family member, school staff or guardian fully free of charge.|
|Cost||This program is 100% FREE including airfares and ground transport to Adelaide for you and your companion.|
|Accommodation||Attendees will stay at the Colleges surrounding the University’s North Terrace Campus.|
|Dates||You will arrive in Adelaide on Sunday 7th July and departure on Friday 12th July.|
Final applications close on Friday 31st May 2019.
|Contact||Ainoa is happy to answer any of your questions, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8313 0264.|