Associate Professor Indrit Troshani
|Org Unit||Business School Office|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5526|
|Location||Floor/Room 13 60 , Nexus 10 Tower , North Terrace|
Indrit is the lecturer-in-charge for Internet Commerce and teaches both the undergraduate and postgraduate versions of this course. In addition, he also teaches Information Systems and Management Accounting at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Indrit has completed a PhD which deals with error prevention in software development. His research interests include innovation adoption, electronic commerce, and software development process improvement. Currently, Indrit is conducting two main research projects. The first is a collaborative effort with Professor Andy Lymer, University of Birmingham, UK, and is concerned with the adoption of the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) in Australia and the United Kingdom. In the second project, Indrit is working with Professor Nilmini Wickramasinghe, RMIT University, Melbourne to explore the adoption of wireless technologies for diabetes self-management.
PhD (Computer Science), MSc (Computer-based Information Systems), Chartered Accountant (CA), GradCertEd (Tertiary Teaching), BBA (Hons)
Accounting Information Systems, Internet Commerce, Electronic Commerce, Management Accounting
- Innovation adoption and diffusion (e.g. digital business reporting, mobile technology in healthcare, social media, Green IS)
- Accounting information systems
- Social construction of technology
Selected Refereed Journal Publications
(see Publications & Scholarship file below for complete publications list or visit the Google Scholar papers and citations page
- Kao, K. C., Rao Hill, S., and Troshani, I. (forthcoming) Online consumers' responses to deal popularity as an extrinsic cue, Journal of Computer Information Systems. (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Sharif, M. H. M., Troshani, I., Davidson, R. (forthcoming 2016) Determinants of social media impact in local government, Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 82-103.
- Shan, G. Y., Troshani, I. (2016) The effect of mandatory XBRL and IFRS adoption on audit fees: Evidence from the Shanghai Stock Exchange, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 109-135.
- Sharif, M. H. M., Troshani, I., Davidson, R. (2015) Public Sector Adoption of Social Media, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 53-61 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Troshani, I., Parker, L. D., and Lymer, A. (2015) Institutionalising XBRL for financial reporting: resorting to regulation, Accounting and Business Research, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 196-228 (ISSN 0001-4788)
- Shan, G. Y., Troshani, I., Richardson, G. (2015) An empirical comparison of the effect of XBRL on audit fees in the US and Japan, Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 89-103 (ISSN 1815-5669)
- Shan, G. Y., and Troshani, I. (2014) Does XBRL Benefit Financial Statement Auditing? Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 11-21 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Rao Hill, S., Troshani, I., and Burgan, B. (2014) Broadband Adoption in Regional and Urban Households. Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 57-66 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Rampersad, G., Plewa, C., and Troshani, I. (2012) Investigating the Use of Information Technology in Managing Innovation: A Case Study from a University Technology Transfer Office, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 3-21.
- Troshani, I., Rampersad, G., and Plewa, C. (2011) Adopting Innovation Management Software in University Innovation Commercialization, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol 52, No. 2, pp. 83-92. (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Troshani, I. and Lymer, A. (2010) Translation in XBRL Standardization. Information Technology & People, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 136-164. (ISSN 0959-3845)
- Doolin, B. and Troshani, I. (2007) Organizational Adoption of XBRL, Electronic Markets, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 199-209. (ISSN 1019-6781)
- Doolin, B. and Troshani, I. (2004) XBRL: A Research Note. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 93-104. (ISSN 1176-6093)
- Wickramasinghe, N., Troshani, I., Tan, J. (Eds.)(2016) Contemporary Consumer Health Informatics. New York: Springer.
- Gray, H., Issa, T., Pye, G., Troshani, I., Rainer, R. K., Prince, B., & Watson, H. (2015). Management Information Systems, First Australasian edition. Brisbane: John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd. (ISBN 9781118646021)
- Bali, R., Troshani, I., Goldberg, S. and Wickramasinghe, N., (Eds.)(2013) Pervasive Health Knowledge Management. New York: Springer. (ISBN 978-1-4614-4513-5)
Selected Refereed Conference Papers
- Troshani, I., Locke, J., and Rowbottom, N. (2016) Attempting faithful transformation: tracing the construction of the IFRS Taxonomy, 8th Asia-Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA) 2016, 13-15 July, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Shan, Y. G., Troshani, I., Loftus, J. (2016) The multi-directional effects of management ownership and board independence on non-audit services fees, 2016 AFAANZ Conference, 3-5 July, Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Rowbottom, N., Locke, J., and Troshani, I. (2016) Performativity of corporate reporting taxonomies. 20th Annual Conference on Financial Reporting and Business Communication (FRBC), 30 June - 1 July 2016, Bristol, UK.
- Troshani, I. and Wickramasinghe, N. (2014) Tackling Complexity in E-Health with Actor-network Theory, Proceedings of 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2014), 6-9 January, Waikoloa, Hawaii.
- Fradley, K., Troshani, I., Rampersad, G., De Ionno, P. (2012) An Organizing Vision Perspective on Green IS Development. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS2012), Orlando, Florida, 16-19 December, 2012.
- Troshani, I., Goldberg, S., and Wickramasinghe, N. (2012) Adoption of Pervasive e-Health Solutions: The Need for an Appropriate Regulatory Framework. Proceedings of the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS2012), Seattle, Washington, August 9-12, 2012.
- Troshani, I. and Lymer, A. (2011) Institutionalizing XBRL in the UK: An Organizing Vision Perspective, Proceedings of the 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS2011), June 9-11, Helsinki, Finland. - Best Paper Award Nominee
- Troshani, I. and Rao, S. (2007) Understanding the Diffusion of Mobile Services Using Stakeholder Theory, Proceedings of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems - eSociety 2007, Lisbon, Portugal, 3-6 July (ISBN 978-972-8924-37-9). "Outstanding Paper Award" Nominee.
- Troshani, I. and Doolin, B. (2006) Diffusion of a Networked Innovation: A Stakeholder and Social Network View. Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2006), Gothenburg, Sweden, 12-14 June 2006.
- Troshani, I. and Doolin, B. (2005) Drivers and Inhibitors Impacting Technology Adoption: A Qualitative Investigation into the Australian Experience with XBRL. In Vogel, D. R., Walden, P., Gricar, J., and Lenart, G. (eds). Proceedings of the 18th Bled eCommerce Conference, Bled, Slovenia, June 6-8, 2005 (ISBN 961-232-178-7).
Member of the Australian Computer Society
Editorial Review Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Computer Information Systems (ERA A)
Member of the International Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of E-Business Research.
Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations.
January 2013 - December 2013: Hons/MBR Coordinator, Business School, University of Adelaide
July 2010 - August 2011: Associate Dean - Information Technology, University of Adelaide Information Technology Services
- Indrit Troshani - Publications & Scholarship - PublicationsAndScholarship_IndritTroshani.pdf [279.2K] (application/pdf)
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/indrit.troshani