Dr Sigitas Karpavicius
|Org Unit||Accounting and Finance|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 8007|
|Location||Floor/Room 12 38 , Nexus 10 Tower , North Terrace|
Dr. Sigitas Karpavicius is a senior lecturer of finance at the Adelaide Business School, which he joined in 2015. Dr. Karpavicius received his PhD from the University of New South Wales in 2011. Prior to his PhD studies, he obtained MA degree in Economics and Management Science from Humboldt University in Berlin and did research at the Economics Department of the Bank of Lithuania.
BEc, MA, PhD (UNSW).
Dr. Karpavicius’ research interests are in the area of theoretical and empirical corporate finance. They include, but are not limited to, capital structure and security issues, payout policy, executive compensation, and general/partial equilibrium modelling. His research has been published in the Journal of Corporate Finance and Journal of Banking and Finance.
1. Karpavicius, S. (2014). Dividends: Relevance, rigidity, and signaling. Journal of Corporate Finance 25: 289–312.
2. Karpavicius, S. (2014). The cost of capital and optimal financing policy in the dynamic setting. Journal of Banking and Finance 48: 42–56.
3. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2016). Should interest expenses be tax deductible? Economic Modelling 54: 100–116.
4. Brown, A., and Karpavicius, S. (2017). The reaction of the Australian stock market to monetary policy announcements from the Reserve Bank of Australia. Economic Record 93: 20–41.
5. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2017). The impact of interest rates on firms' financing policies. Journal of Corporate Finance 45: 262–293.
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/sigitas.karpavicius