SuperConcepts and ICFS Specialist SMSF Course
The SuperConcepts and ICFS Specialist SMSF course is designed to be the most up-to-date and practical non-award SMSF accreditation course. The content of the course is constantly updated to reflect current legislation.
- Who should enrol?
- Financial advisers, para-planners and accountants
- Those wanting to successfully complete the SMSF Association Specialist Accreditation Examination to achieve the SMSF Association's Specialist Advisor (SSA) qualification and designation
- Those wanting certification by ASIC as satisfying RG146 Specialist knowledge in SMSFs
- About this program
This is a 3 day intensive course taught over consecutive days from 9.00am - 5.00pm in a classroom style/workshop with an optional online exam if participants are seeking RG146 compliance. The exam is due to be completed within 2 weeks of the course completion.
- Delivery is via face to face workshops that allow participants to interact not only with the presenter but also other participants who are generally working in the SMSF industry
- Courses delivered by Industry experts
- SMSFA CPD points
- FPA CPD points
- RG146 compliant in Self Managed Superannuation*
* In order to provide advice on Superannuation (including Self Managed Superannuation ) individuals must also complete an approved Tier 1 course in Superannuation.
- What topics are covered?
- General introduction to SMSF's
- What is a SMSF?
- Benefits of SMSF's
- Establishing a SMSF
- Who can be a member of a SMSF?
- Who can give advice in relation to SMSF's?
- Ongoing administration requirements of trustees
- Trustee responsibilities
- Drafting Investment objectives and strategy for a SMSF
- Principles of the sole purpose test and investment standards
- Practicalities of Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements (LRBA)
- Investment restrictions
- Who and what entities are associates - related parties
- Interaction of the various investment restrictions in specific circumstances
- Transitional provisions to prescribed arrangements
- Role and responsibilities of auditors
- The distinction between financial and compliance reports
- Circumstances when an auditor must report breaches to trustees and regulators
- Review of taxation of SMSFs
- Assessable income of SMSF's in the accumulation phase
- Non arm's length income
- Deductions - insurance premiums, Anti detriment payments and future liability to pay benefits
- Opportunities in the small business CGT concessions
- Sole purpose test - determination of benefit entitlements
- Pension definitions
- Commencing a pension - steps to be taken
- Specific tax issues relating to pensions
- Segregated vs un-segregated
- Estate Planning - dealing with the new environment
- Estate Planning - detailed analysis of who is a dependant and what are their entitlements
- Winding up a SMSF - what you need to do
- Where and when can I study?
For 2017 dates and locations plus further information around what this course offers, find out more today.
- Who Accredits this program?
The SMSF Association
This program provides 46 SMSFA CPD points (with successful completion of the University of Adelaide online exam)
This program provides 30 SMSFA CPD points for attendance only
Financial Planning Association of Australia
The SuperConcepts & ICFS Specialist SMSF Course has been accredited by the Financial Planning Association of Australia for continuing professional development but does not constitute FPA's endorsement of the activity.
Accreditation number 008204 for 24 hours credit of continuing professional development.
Tax (TPB CPE)
Capability (12 hours)
Critical Thinking (12 hours)
SMSF (24 hours) Tax (24 hours)
- How much does it cost?
The 2017 price for the course is:
- SMSF Specialist course - Attendance only $1500.00
- SMSF Specialist Course plus Adelaide University exam $1665.00
- How do I enrol?
If you are interested in this course or would like more information around what this course offers, find out more today.