The CRREI is working to establish a suite of tertiary radiation education courses at the University of Adelaide, including Masters, Graduate Certificates, short courses and micro-credentialing (e.g. professional development), to satisfy industry, government and research demand.
The CRREI is also working with national and international partner organisations to advance the CRREI as a regional hub for education on nuclear technologies and their applications.
These partners include the
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Australian Radiation Protection And Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
- Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
Graduate Certificate in Radiation Management
Ionising radiation—such as x-rays and particle radiation—helps us do many important things from diagnose or treat disease, sterilise food products, or quantify measurements industrially. With the use of ionising radiation comes its appropriate management and knowledge of its effects, without which, serious human and environmental health problems can arise.
Our Graduate Certificate in Radiation Management fills the demand for qualified radiation management professionals in workplaces and industrial sites such as mining, industrial, scientific, regulatory and security sectors. The Graduate Certificate focuses on providing graduates with the knowledge and skills to perform as radiation safety officers in a wide range of occupational settings. Our Graduate Certificate of Radiation Management consist of four courses offered over 12 months part-time (6 months full-time equivalent) and will give graduates a sound understanding of:
- nuclear physics and detection of ionising radiation
- quantification of radiation dose
- biological phenomena and health effects
- radiation management and incident response
- applications of radiation science and radioactivity
- radiation safety in the workplace
Graduates will also acquire:
- hands on experience in radiation safety practices through in-person lab practicals.
The program will be offered by blended learning, including online delivery and on-campus residential components for practicals. The delivery method will enable individuals to access course content from remote locations and outside their working hours.
For more information see our Graduate Certificate in Radiation Management, or enquire through our contact us page.
Future educational prospects
The Centre for Radiation Research Education and Innovation is dedicated to being a hub of tertiary radiation educational courses to fill the demand of knowledgeable, experienced, and competent Radiation Professionals in the workplace. Some of the future education programs currently being discussed and developed include…
- Alpha and gamma spectroscopy
- Radiation emergency preparedness and response
- CBRN for first responders, and subject matter experts
- Masters in CBRN (in collaboration with the University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Masters in Radiation Emergency Preparedness and Response (in collaboration with the IAEA)
- Masters in Radiation Applications (in collaboration with the IAEA)
- Masters in Nuclear Security (in collaboration with the IAEA)
- Radiation Biology
If you feel there is a need for specific education in your sector that CRREI would be able to help with, get in touch through our contact us page.