Academic & Professional Staff
Our Internships team is ready and waiting to help you arrange and support successful internships for your students.
But keep in mind they don’t always have to involve an external host. We can also help you take on one or more interns in your own department—bringing all the same benefits enjoyed by industry.
Student interns get to experience a work environment they may not have previously considered, or be exposed to other opportunities.
Gerard La Fontaine
Intellectual Property Manager, Adelaide Enterprise
How can you and your department or faculty get involved?
- Identify and internship project/idea within your business operations.
- Get in touch with the DASE Internships Team via the expression of interest button below
The internships team will work with you to scope the opportunity, then advertise to students, prepare an initial shortlist, and send you the top 2-3 student applications to review and select from either with or without interviewing. You can be as involved as you choose in the selection process.
To host a University of Adelaide intern, your department will need the capacity to maintain the internship for a minimum of 20 days, and provide the student with a/an:
- appropriate workload of relevant and meaningful tasks for the full period
- professional working environment that allows them to develop their knowledge
- appropriate work facilities, including access to a desk, computer, etc.
- suitable supervisor
- students are covered by University insurance in most cases, however we do require our hosts to also have public liability insurance of at least $10M.
Ready to take the first step?
If you’re interested in arranging internships for your students, or perhaps hosting an intern in your own department, let’s talk. Submit an expression-of-interest form below and a member of our Internships team will be in touch as soon as possible.