Information Skills Program
The library offers services designed to help learners become successful users of information.
Our team of liaison librarians have extensive experience working with teaching staff, and course coordinators across the University, to embed information skills development into courses.
Library Essentials online modules - Available now in MyUni Commons!
“We are delighted with the Library Essentials module and the topics that it covers ... we found the module enormously valuable in various courses.”
Elizabeth Yong, Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
This fully customisable online course integrates seamlessly into MyUni. Use the whole program or select what your students need from the five available modules:
- Finding information.
- Evaluating information with a critical mindset.
- Managing information for more efficient study.
- Referencing information correctly.
- Presenting information effectively.
- Extra, tailored content for your subject area, designed in consultation with you, your teachers, and your students.
- Customisable summative and formative assessment activities – either standalone or integrated with an existing assessment activity.
The benefits of embedding Library Essentials content into your course include:
- Improved student learning experience with well-designed, engaging and interactive information skills modules.
- Modules accessible to students when they need it.
- Students self-pace their own learning experience, adjusting time spent in each module to their individual requirements.
- Content available in MyUni, seamlessly integrating with your course content (we recommend incorporating modules or pages at the point of need in your course).
Blended or face to face training support is available through consultation with your Liaison Librarian. We will work with you to develop subject, or discipline specific, information skills content that is relevant to your students.
All teaching provided by the Library aligns with our Learning & Teaching Principles.