External Agencies

A number of agencies may be able to assist, depending on the type of grievance.

For a breach of equal opportunity law, discrimination or human rights laws:

For onshore international students only:

  • Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE)
    See the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training website for information about international student rights and responsibilities.
  • Overseas Student Ombudsman (Commonwealth)

The Overseas Students Ombudsman has published a fact sheet about international student complaints related to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Can’t find what you are looking for?

Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP)


Any enquiries regarding the Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP) can be directed to the Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors.

Contact a Student Grievance and Conduct Advisor