Wednesday, 16 August 2017
Thousands of potential students, their families and members of the community will experience the University of Adelaide's Open Day this Sunday 20 August.
Open Day is the major event on the University's calendar to assist students in deciding their future study and career choices.
The University of Adelaide is the State's highest internationally ranked university.
Visitors to the University's North Terrace campus will have the opportunity to hear first-hand from staff and students about the wide range of degrees offered, the careers they can lead to, the quality of education and student support services, the impact of research, and the social and sporting life available.
Highlights of Open Day include:
• More than 60 talks on degrees and study opportunities offered by the University
• Exhibits, displays and activities by schools and faculties
• 3D virtual reality experiences to help visitors immerse themselves in the fields of: engineering, life sciences, architecture and building design, flight simulation, and "virtual tours" of health and medical sciences facilities
• Final-year expo of student work from students in Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
• Speaker's Corner on the Goodman Lawns, with young researchers presenting their work
• Expo of student services and support in Hub Central
• Music, food and entertainment
"Open Day at the University of Adelaide always offers something special for the community. It helps potential students and their families to get a real taste and feel for the vibrancy of university life," says Interim Vice-Chancellor Professor Mike Brooks.
"One of the biggest drawcards for new students – in addition to all the hands-on displays and activities – is the chance to hear directly from current students about our outstanding offerings.
"We know it can be daunting for new students as they prepare for the next stage in their lives, but it's also incredibly exciting. Open Day helps to convey that excitement about all aspects of our University," he says.
WHAT: Open Day 2017
WHERE: North Terrace campus, University of Adelaide
WHEN: 9.00am to 4.00pm Sunday 20 August 2017