A Guided Tour of Practical Data Science with R
- Date: Tue, 26, 9:00 am - Wed, 27 Nov 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Room S111, Engineering South, North Terrace, University of Adelaide.
- Cost: Free
- More information: Registrations have now closed. Please click here to join the wait list.
- Contact: Zygmunt Szpak firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Ernest Fokoué Guest Speaker
The free workshop will provide you with a foundational working knowledge of R and R Studio as environments for exploring problems in Applied Statistical Machine Learning and Practical Data Science. You will get familiar with some fundamental statistical concepts and techniques that ubiquitously permeate Statistical Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. Working hands-on through diverse datasets, you will solve regression, time-series, classification and unsupervised learning problems.
No prior knowledge of statistical computing is required. The only prerequisites are basic college algebra, and a sincere desire to find patterns in data. You will also need to bring your laptop.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr Zygmunt Szpak.