Events: staff news
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan - Mon, 3 Apr 2023
- Location: Thebarton Sports Centre
Adelaide University Judo Club are running a 10 session fun-filled program for children 6 to 10+ years old. Children learn skills for falling safely, agility, balance, coordination as well as discipline, friendship and respect. Register here.
- Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: National Wine Centre - The Gallery Room
The Adelaide MBA information session offers you the opportunity to discover why we are ranked the top MBA in South Australia, and how completing an Adelaide MBA can advance your career and improve your future employment options.
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs lecture theatre, North Terrace campus. Online option available.
On Monday 13 February 2023, the University Council will convene the Annual Meeting of the University Community comprising the staff, students and graduates of the University. The meeting is your opportunity to ask questions about your University and to hear from the Vice-Chancellor and the Chancellor.
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
When it comes to decision-making in healthcare, how much consideration should be given to patient voice? Health indicators, including quality of life, are usually assessed solely by clinicians—but this approach can lead to noncompliance, reports of dissatisfaction and even, for marginalised groups, medical discrimination. Join the experts in getting to the heart of it.
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb - Thu, 20 Apr 2023
- Location: Thebarton Sports Centre
The Adelaide University Judo Club is running a 10 session program for older adults, learning to land safely in the event of a fall. Held at the Thebarton Sports Centre, the program has been shown to be safe and feasible in an ethics approved pilot study. Register here.
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: Online
In this masterclass, you will learn what a strategic narrative is, how it can improve your communication, and how to craft an impactful narrative in line with your organisation’s objectives. Monday 20 February, 3-4 pm. Online.
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Location: Writing Studio, Barr Smith Library, North Terrace Campus
Join the ARDC and partners to celebrate the launch of the institutional Research Data Management (RDM) Framework, collaboratively developed by 25 Australian universities to guide policies, procedures, infrastructure and services, bringing consistency to the management of research data across the university sector. Register here.
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Location: Queen Victoria Building, lecture theatre, level 1, Women's and Children's Hospital, North Adelaide + Online
Join us for the Healthy Development Adelaide (HDA) and Women’s and Children’s Hospital Grand Round.
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023, 8:30 am - 9:30 am
- Location: Cloisters/Jacaranda Lawns
A fantastic networking opportunity for both new and returning elite athletes at the University of Adelaide including a free breakfast and coffee. Along with information about the scholarships on offer, pathway to performance grants, and our Elite Athlete Club and Member Benefits Program.
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Room 526, Hughes building or online via Zoom
Distinguished Professor Jonathan Potter (Rutgers University) will present his research on the features of the emotion anger. Friday 24 February 2023, 12pm, in Room 526, Hughes building, or register to join via Zoom.