Welcome to Student Affairs
Student Affairs is responsible for maintaining and communicating student-related policy and procedures and provides advice to students and staff on their application to University life.
We consult with stakeholders to ensure that policy serves the needs of the University community, is relevant to the current climate in higher education, and is compliant with Commonwealth and State legislation.
Our key responsibilities are:
- Assisting students and staff with the interpretation and implementation of student-related policies
- Providing advice to students and staff on grievance procedures
- Providing support to students and staff on student conduct procedures (including plagiarism and cheating). See Academic Dishonesty Procedures - Staff Support Kit
- Providing advice and secretarial support for Student Grievance and Appeals Committees
- Brokering settlements for complaints in lieu of formal hearings by Student Grievance and Appeals Committees
- Reviewing decisions in relation to the remission of HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP
- Collating, circulating and reporting on suggestions for improvement in relation to University services, decisions or processes
Any enquiries concerning the above can be forwarded to Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors: