Farming of the future: revolutionising agriculture through AI
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide City Library, Rundle Place, 77-91 Rundle Mall
- Cost: Free
- More information: Register here
- Contact: Emily firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia has a rich agricultural industry. To continue to be competitive on a global-scale while also meeting the needs of a growing global population (effectively putting the sector under pressure), farmers are looking to AI.
Improving the viability of our agriculture sector is more than simply growing additional crops or breeding more sheep; it is about enabling greater efficiency with what we already have access to through AI applications. Applying AI in agriculture can help farmers gain the most from the data at hand to improve outcomes both on and off the farm.
In South Australia we are actively working with the agricultural industry to capture and utilise data for more informed outcomes. Come along and meet the people behind the technology that is being developed to transform the way that we farm.
- Professor Seth Westra – Theme Leader (Food, Water and Agriculture), Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences, University of Adelaide
- Dr Bree Bennett – Lecturer and Deputy Director Learning & Teaching , School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, University of Adelaide
- Dr Paul Petrie – Principal Scientist and Program Manager Irrigated Crops, Crop Sciences, South Australian Research and Development Institute