Building a critical mass of people and knowledge in critically important minerals.
Ongoing and secure supplies of some minerals are essential to our transition to a high-tech and clean energy world. Cost-effective, efficient and environmentally-sustainable discovery and extraction of these commodities is needed.
Critical Minerals Conference (CRITCON) 2023
Discovery, Characterisation and Processing of Critical Minerals
When: 22-26 May 2023
Where: National Wine Centre, Adelaide
CRITCON 2023 Detailed Program
Hear from Australian and international presenters about the latest research related to:
1. Discoveries of critical mineral resources
2. Critical minerals supply and detailed characterisation of critical mineral ores; and
3. More efficient and environmentally-benign mineral processing technologies.
Download the detailed CRITCON 2023 program here...
What are critical minerals?
- Metals and non-metals that are irreplaceable inputs for society’s future, including in renewable energy systems, infrastructure, transport, high tech equipment, and defence systems.
- Their supply may be at risk due to geological scarcity, geopolitical, economics or social issues.
- Examples include rare earth elements (REEs), cobalt, lithium, indium, germanium, tellurium and tungsten, but they can also be more abundant elements like copper and nickel. Any mineral can become ‘critical’ in the right conditions.
- Australia is perfectly positioned to be a global leader in ethical, environmentally responsible critical mineral research and supply due to our rich endowment, strong sovereignty, and highly skilled workforce.