Book An Appointment
Counselling offers a place to talk about and reflect on whatever is troubling you in a safe, supported and confidential environment.
We believe in timely access to Counselling support. In order to facilitate this we offer the following:
- Triage through our Triage and Assessment Counsellors, so we can attend to those most at risk psychologically or academically
- Our Counsellors work primarily using a short term therapy model; this means we can continue to free up appointments and respond to the flow of new students
- Access to workshops and online resources
What to expect when you come to counselling
- When you book into a counselling support your first appointment will be an assessment appointment.
- In an assessment appointment the Counsellor will explain to you how counselling operates, and together with the counsellor you will establish a plan of support.
- A support plan might include further counselling through counselling support, referral to another service and/or practical support.
- Your information is protected by our privacy and confidentiality statement.
To book your 50 minute appointment
- Call: 8313 5663
- Come in: Ground floor, Horace Lamb Building, North Terrace campus
Access to critical first response support
If you have experienced one of the following significant life events recently please fill in the form below and an Triage and Assessment Counsellor will make contact with you.
- trauma: physical assault, witness to violence, national disaster in your home country
- sexual violence: sexual assault, sexual harassment
- family violence
- bereavement: close family member or friend
- thoughts that you will harm yourself or harm others
- plans to harm yourself or harm others
- any act of sexual violence or harassment that occurred in relation to the university (past or present)