Useful Links & Forms
Where the University has a preferred supplier/s for the category of goods or service to be purchased, you must use the preferred supplier unless an exemption is approved.
No University Preferred Supplier
Where the University has no preferred supplier for the goods or service you wish to purchase, follow the process below depending on the value of the purchase.
Exemption Process & Purchasing Principles
Exemptions will only be granted, by the Associate Director, Procurement Services, in exceptional circumstances based on business necessity and merit, and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding competition. Assessment of the exemption request will be based on the following principles -
- Additional element required for an existing asset or service
- Contractual obligations (e.g. research contract stipulation)
- Demonstration that value for money can be achieved without a formal quote or tender process
- Documented evidence that goods or service is unique and there are no viable alternative suppliers
- Insufficient stock levels held by existing preferred suppliers (<$20k)
- Unable to be provided by existing preferred suppliers (<$20k)
Related Policies & Procedures
Access the help that you require by referring to the full contact list.