We Make Staff Training Easy
Our network of expert trainers and facilitators includes industry professionals who understand your needs and priorities. From one-hour seminars to eight-week programs, all our courses are fully customised to meet your requirements.
Contact our Professional Education team on 8313 4777 today for a training solution that’s right for you.
"The time spent meeting beforehand ensured that the course content and overall focus was relevant to our team's needs. The examples used during the training were specific and detailed and the material provided was tailored, easy to use and relevant."
- Why work with PCE?
- bring courses of your choice into your organisation
- access staff training that is customised to meet your needs, on your terms
- access our corporate training suite in the Adelaide CBD or have our trainers come to you
- save time and money by letting us do the work, from training design to delivery
- access industry-leading expertise through our quality assured networks of trainers
- get maximum return on your investment with customised training that puts your company’s performance and productivity first.
- Our Approach
- we consult with you to ensure we understand your needs, priorities and outcomes.
- we provide you with a detailed proposal including course content, approach, presenter bio and fees.
- we deliver the program at a time and a place that suits you.
- we provide post-program evaluation.
- Our Areas of Expertise
Our short courses can be customised for your staff, or you may want training in a different area.
We have expertise in the following areas:
- Business Skills
- Leadership and Management
- Communication and Writing Skills
- Project Management
- Customer Service Skills
- Marketing, Sales and Events
- Administration Skills
- Personal Development and Career
- Quality Process Improvement
- Train the Trainer
- TESOL Teacher Training
- Foreign Languages
Call us today on 8313 4777 to discuss your training requirements.
- Our Trainers
Trainers are recruited for their subject expertise, their practical hands-on industry and business experience and their knowledge of adult learning principles.
Our emphasis is on practical, relevant and effective skills, building competence and confidence among your staff.
- Our Clients
Recent clients include:
- SA Water
- Department of State Development
- South Australia Police
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- City of Tea Tree Gully Council
- Campbelltown City Council
- Alexandrina Council
- Light Regional Council
- Adelaide Integrated Bioscience Laboratories
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (China)
- Martins Integrated
- Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Our Teaching Methodology
To ensure concepts are understood, they are reinforced through a combination of learning methods including lecture (or seminar) style presentations, open discussion, case studies, role plays, coaching, individual and group work.
Courses can be customised to include debriefing, feedback and reflection to consolidate ideas and skills. Our training can be applied directly to real work situations during the course.
PCE has extensive experience in delivering programs to people from diverse backgrounds. The needs of your staff and organisation are our priority; our education programs are inclusive and accommodate participants with specific needs relating to culture, disability and/ or other requirements.
- Our Materials & Certificates
We provide quality training materials tailored to your requirements. Typically, participants receive a workbook, supporting materials and exercises, as well as references to other suggested reading. Case studies, CDs, DVD's, quick reference cards and other materials can also be incorporated.
At the end of each training program, participants also receive a University of Adelaide, Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) Certificate of Completion.
If the program includes assessment components, participants will receive a Certificate of Competency. This includes a list of the topics and skills assessed and the course duration. This documentation may assist in gaining 'Recognition of Prior Learning' (RPL) or 'Course Credit' in applicable Award courses.
- Our Quality Assurance
We are committed to delivering quality outcomes for our clients. All of our programs are evaluated using an online evaluation questionnaire.
The University produces a comprehensive evaluation report using the data, which is provided to you for your follow up and review.
Other evaluation tools can be used or developed to meet your needs. PCE can administer and manage alternative evaluation methods as required.
- Our Additional Services
Venue and Catering
If desired, training can be held in our corporate training facilities at PCE - Level 9, 115 Grenfell Street, Adelaide.
Our venue and catering services include:
- room set-up, equipment and room management
- continuous coffee and tea service
- water and lollies on tables
- morning and afternoon breaks; fruit and muffins
- light lunch: assorted rolls and wraps.
Alternative menus can be arranged on request. The fee depends on your specific requirements and participant numbers and will be quoted in your program proposal.
Enhanced Learning Tools
PCE can develop blended learning activities to improve the learning outcomes of your tailored training program and enhance incorporation of the learning into your workplace.
Pre-course activities are designed to allow participants to 'hit the ground running' and make the most of their time during training – these could include:
- reading and exercises (individual or group) that prepare participants with background on a topic or provide specific information
- focus questions
- communication or leadership profiles
- needs analysis online survey to determine the focus of the course
- competency testing.
Post-course activities are designed to extend and embed the learning into the workplace and can also be aligned to your organisation's performance management framework – these could include:
- follow-up refresher resources and exercises (individual or group)
- competency testing
- workplace 'Action Plans'
- one-on-one coaching.
We can utilise a wide range of tools in a blended learning approach, including: webinars, online learning moodle, email, blogs, online surveys, as well as telephone and tele-conference calls and video over-IP conferencing.
Such blended leaning tools can also be used to deliver cost effective tailored training to staff that are situated in regional Australia where travel and distance may be an issue.
If desired, PCE can incorporate an assessment component into your tailored training program.
This competency-based assessment would be designed to assess the participant's ability to perform a skill and/or demonstrate knowledge in the topic area of your program. The assessment tools could include; oral presentation, written assessment, role plays, individual or group assignments, video taping and/or online testing.
While the majority of our courses do not provide a formal qualification, we can work with you to incorporate content and competency-based assessments that form part of the Australian Quality Framework for the Recognition of Prior Learning and other competency standards.