The Centre provides specialist consulting services in the broad field of applied economics.
In addition to contract research opportunities the Centre also conducts non-commissioned research in areas it has developed substantial expertise and experience over the years.
These research areas include:
- Economic and financial evaluation of major infrastructure and construction projects and tourism events using various methodologies including cost benefit analysis, cost effectiveness analysis, financial analysis, and input output multiplier analysis;
- Employment and training, the labour market and demographic change. Workforce planning, workforce participation and the relationship with superannuation, welfare and tax policy;
- Specialised industry studies (e.g., manufacturing, mining, water and electricity, information technology);
- The economic and social impacts of gambling;
- Growth of small regional economies, including the role of innovation, trade, investment and productivity; and
- Evidence based evaluation of government programs. Current emphasis on agriculture, education, employment, labour market and welfare to work initiative.