Personal Safety and Security
Everyone has the right to a safe environment and to participate in a life without fear. Your safety is a high priority for the University. A few simple Safe Steps can help reduce your risk and enhance your safety. Remember, if you are a victim of a crime you are never responsible, regardless of the circumstances. The offender is 100% responsible for their offending.
Look after yourself
- Whenever possible walk with a friend or in groups along open, well lit public paths.
- Stay alert and recognise actions that reduce awareness and increase vulnerability.
- If you plan to stay late on campus, think about where you park and utilise Security escorts.
- Be prepared to call for help, and be conscious of the safety of other on campus.
Look out for others
- If someone is being harassed, step in and distract by asking a question, like “do you know what the time is?”
- Call someone in to the situation to help if you feel unable to.
- Take direct action to intervene and assist, as long as it is safe for you to do so.
Remember you can report any suspicious individuals or activities, incidents or crime in progress to Security Services.
On-campus security contacts
- North Terrace campus 8313 5990
- AHMS campus 8313 0442
- Roseworthy campus 8313 7999
- Waite campus 8313 7200
- Thebarton campus 8313 5990