Everyone has the right to a safe environment and participate in life without fear, and your safety is a high priority at the University. A few simple Safe Steps can help reduce your risk and enhance your safety. Remember, if you are a victim of a crime, you are never responsible, regardless of the circumstances. The offender is 100% responsible for their offending.
- Follow the most open and well-lit public path.
- Whenever possible, walk with a friend or in a group or contact Security to arrange an escort if you are walking alone after dusk.
- If alone, stay alert and be aware of your surroundings – confidence deters attackers.
- Be prepared to call for help and consider carrying a personal alarm or whistle.
- Avoid undergrowth and be wary of strangers.
- Move your car closer to buildings during the day if you are planning on staying on campus after dark.
- Store the emergency contact numbers in your mobile, diary or wallet.
Remember you can report any suspicious individuals or activities, incidents or crime in progress to Security Services.
On-campus security contacts
- North Terrace campus 8313 5990
- AHMS campus 8313 0442
- Roseworthy campus 8313 7999
- Waite campus 8313 7200
- Thebarton campus 8313 5990