Adelaide Graduate Award
The Adelaide Graduate Award is an employability development program for coursework students. The University is currently running a pilot of the Adelaide Graduate Award. Final year students can now register to participate.
The Adelaide Graduate Award is a free university-wide program to help you to increase your employability by gaining experience, expanding your skills and extending yourself beyond your degree. Through the Award, the University will formally recognise the experiences you have outside of your academic coursework which contribute to your learning, success and employability.
Employers tell us that they are looking for well-rounded candidates for graduate roles, and while your degree is important to them, they are looking for applicants who can demonstrate that they have transferrable skills and extra-curricular experience.
By taking part you can set yourself apart from the crowd and be the first to achieve the Adelaide Graduate Award!
To take part in the pilot there is only one eligibility requirement; that you are a coursework student enrolled in the final year of your degree and expect to complete this year.
If you’re eligible and you’re interested in participating, sign up to attend an introductory workshop. You’ll need to attend the workshop if you would like to participate in the pilot, but attending a workshop doesn’t commit you to completing the Award.
If you meet all the requirements for the Award by the time you graduate.
- Achievement of the Award listed on your University record
- Achievement of the Award acknowledged at Graduation
- Certificate of completion
- Excellent opportunity to boost your CV
- Volunteer experience
In order to achieve the Adelaide Graduate Award you will need to meet the following criteria by the time you graduate:
- ENGAGE: Enrol online via career hub and attend an introductory workshop
- PLAN: Develop a plan for how you are going to achieve the award
- PARTICIPATE & DEVELOP:
- Complete 150 hours of eligible activities with a minimum of 30 hours volunteering while enrolled in your degree.
- Participate in two career development activities through Careers Services.
- Do at least one activity from each of two of the three Award categories; University Community, Global, Cultural and Social, and Creativity & Innovation.
- Log each activity you complete online via Career Hub and fill out a brief reflection of your experience
- REFLECT: Finalise your Award by completing a 500 word written reflection of the skills you have developed over the duration of the Award, show us your LinkedIn profile and submit either a resume or a video profile.
- COMPLETE: You must successfully graduate from your degree to receive the Adelaide Graduate Award
- Introductory Workshop
If you have any questions about the requirements of the Award, you should first read the Adelaide Graduate Award Guidelines. If you can’t find your answer there, please contact the team via email@example.com
Are you looking for ideas of where to volunteer or need to add an activity to round out your experience? We’ve compiled a list of activity ideas, but remember, if your activity is not on this list it may still be eligible as long as it meets the activity requirements outlined in the Guidelines. You can also search CareerHub and the Adelaide University Union website for activity ideas.
Drop-in Information Session
If you need help completing the forms, or have questions about the Adelaide Graduate Award, we will be holding monthly drop in sessions. Information about the next session is available on Career Hub.