Addressing mental health problems often entails a wholistic view of managing body, social connections and thought processes.
As well as exploring the material above, you can dig a little deeper and take some detailed information from the booklets below or grab some of our resources on managing mental health problems.
The following pages on the wellbeing hub website will provide additional information that may help you.
|The breath||The breath is a remarkably powerful mind-body connection which we can use effectively to manage our physical and mental health.|
|Mind & body||We spend much of our lives constantly connected to events, screens and people - forgetting to be present with ourselves.|
|Exercise||Regular exercise may be one of the most important things you can do for your health.|
This is doing stuff that feels good, having fun, 'letting the good times roll'. More than this, it can include maximising good feelings like curiosity, appreciation, compassion and wonder.
|Sleep better||Sleep can help us feel refreshed, re-energised, help with focus and concentration, and improve memory, whilst also allowing our body and mind to do necessary repair work.|
Fortunately there are many useful techniques and skills that can help us function and adapt to our particular circumstances.
Services providing face to face treatment
- Centre for the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders (CTAD)
- Centre for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CARD)
Services providing other forms of support
- Lived Experience Support Service
- Youper - an app to assist with emotional support
- Borderline Personality Disorder centre
- Kids Helpline (up to the age of 25 years)
Services providing online treatment
- Centre for Clinical Interventions
- Moodgym A free online treatment program using cognitive behaviour therapy principles
- Mindspot A free online treatment program focusing on anxiety and depression
- MoodMission A free app to assist with feelings of depression and anxiety
- This way up Involves a small fee
- Mental health online Therapist supported program
- ECouch self-help interactive program with modules for depression, generalised anxiety & worry, social anxiety, relationship breakdown, and loss & grief
- My Compass Free
- Mydigital Health Offers a variety of treatment programs
- International students with Allianz cover - online doctors