Work With Us
There are a number of ways you can get involved with the Theatre Guild. From becoming a member, to volunteering to help with our productions, all the way to directing your very own show.
Become a member
Membership of the Theatre Guild runs from 1 January to 31 December each year.
We have two types of membership:
General membership fees in 2019 remain as in previous year:
- Full annual membership: $55
- Concession annual membership: $45
- Double full annual membership: $100 (saving of $10)
- Double concession annual membership: $80 (saving of $10)
Benefits in 2019 include:
- a free ticket (a ticket each for double memberships) to any performance during the first week of the season of the May, August and October productions (subject to availability - booking recommended);
- regular electronic mailings giving information about productions, auditions, workshops, social events and other activities
- the right to vote at Annual General Meetings and to stand for election to the Board of Management
For an annual student membership fee of only $45, in 2019 you get heaps of benefits including:
- A free ticket to each of the Theatre Guild's three main stage productions in 2019
- Free entry to student workshops and script reading sessions ($5 per session for non-members)
- Advance information on all auditions and calls for crew
- Membership to the Theatre Guild student society and invitations to all Theatre Guild social activities
- Special offers from other theatre companies
Not everyone is an actor! If you're enthusiastic, hardworking and would love to be involved with a community theatre group, there are many diverse volunteering opportunities with the Theatre Guild.
You could be involved in:
- Set design (set, sound, lights)
- Set construction (painting, carpentering, or general hand)
- Operating (lights and sound)
- Stage crew
- Front of house
Whatever your area of interest, there's bound to be something enjoyable to do with the Guild. All you need to do is ask our Administrator via email email@example.com
All our volunteers receive a complimentary ticket to the production they work on. By becoming a member of the Guild, you also receive a free ticket to every main production, as well as the opportunity to vote for and serve on the Board of Management - which is also composed of volunteers.
There are currently no upcoming auditions.
Direct a show
Submissions are currently open and close Friday 26 April, 2019.
- Detailed information for directors wishing to propose a production are on the submission guidelines
- All proposals should be submitted via the submission form and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like us to notify you when we are actively calling for proposals, register for updates
Join the Board of Management