The Chief Student Entrepreneur
What is the Chief Student Entrepreneur?
The Chief Student Entrepreneur serves as a valuable ambassador for both the University of Adelaide and ThincLab, promoting their innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to a broader audience. With a passion for entrepreneurship, you will be deeply involved in recruitment efforts, engaging with current University of Adelaide students and alumni, as well as high school students and educators. This position involves promoting entrepreneurship from a current students’ perspective and the role will play a key part in developing your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
APPLY FOR CHIEF STUDENT ENTREPRENEUR BELOW:
What does the Chief Student Entrepreneur do?
- Represent the ThincLab and the University across a range of recruitment events such as Open Day, campus tours, career markets, in-school visits, panels, and online webinars
- Speak and present at ecosystem events, University and ThincLab Events including the Tech eChallenge Award Ceremony, and the eChallenge Awards Ceremony
- Student consultations: Talk to students about the ThincLab student programs and refer appropriate program or experience
- Promote and advocate eChallenge and ThincLab programs to current students and future students
- Work alongside the ThincLab and University of Adelaide marketing teams in promotional photo shoots and video projects
- Write student testimonials for our publications, email campaigns and take over our social media accounts to give an insight into your study and entrepreneurship experiences
- Share your lived experience as a university student and an entrepreneur to demystify concepts of higher education and work
- Learn and maintain a solid understanding of relevant university degrees, programs, pathways and admission criteria for entrepreneurship and ThincLab
- Outreach to student societies and student facing events
Who can become the Chief Student Entrepreneur?
The ideal candidate for the Chief Student Entrepreneur role should possess first-hand experience as a business owner and be a current University of Adelaide student. This knowledge and expertise will enable you to effectively share your experiences and insights with others, inspiring and encouraging aspiring student entrepreneurs to pursue their own business ventures.
You can apply to be the Chief Student Entrepreneur if you’re a current University of Adelaide student and have completed at least one year full-time or part-time equivalent of university study.
The qualities we look for in the Chief Student Entrepreneur include:
- Current University of Adelaide Student
- Excellent communication and well- developed interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and approachable
- Punctual, flexible, and reliable
- Ability to be agile
- Ability to work well in a team environment
How can I apply?
Applications for 2023 are now open, closing Fri 28 April 2023.
To be considered for the 2023-2024 Chief Student Entrepreneur role, please complete the application form below. Download the role description below to ensure you address the selection criteria. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a short interview and will be contacted in early May 2023.
Benefits of becoming the Chief Student Entrepreneur
- Work flexible hours – the Chief Student Entrepreneur will need to be available and commit to large events such as Open Day, Info Day, Open Week panels, ecosystem events.
- Free ThincLab Membership during your term - this includes tenancy, access to high calibre experts, mentoring, development sessions, access to member only events, and support.
- Become a more confident public speaker.
- Develop graduate qualities and improve success in post-university careers and learn new skills.
- Be involved in the University’s flagship entrepreneurship course eChallenge and ThincLab student-facing programs.
- Have your business promoted with the University of Adelaide brand.
- Meet people in the thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem.