How to Register
To receive Disability Support you will need to register with our service. We recommend that you register as soon as you have enrolled, as some of the assistance we can provide requires early planning.
If you have very complex requirements, you can register before you have been made an offer of study (please follow the same registration process, and choose the ‘prospective student’ option).
The personal health information you provide is confidential and is only available to Disability Support. Your choice to register with Disability Support will not appear on your transcript.
Please register by completing the online registration form and uploading verification of your disability or ongoing medical condition, including details about the Reasonable Adjustments you may require.
Before completing the online registration form:
- Make an appointment to see your Health Practitioner to complete the Verification and Impact Statement (VIS) below.
- Note: Students diagnosed with a Specific Learning Disability (e.g. Dyslexia) are required to provide a copy of their Adult Learning Assessment/ Psycho-Educational Assessment from at least high school age or older, instead of a VIS.
- Scan copies of your completed VIS; Adult Learning Assessment; SATAC/Year 12 accommodations; other university Access Plan to attach to your online registration.
Verification and Impact Statements (VIS):
- VIS - all students (excluding Vet Science, Doctor of Vet Medicine, online only Programs)
- VIS – Vet Science, Doctor of Vet Medicine students only
- VIS - online only programs (not remote courses)^
^ Please note: This section is for students who are studying Online Program only. It does not include students who are studying online at the moment, due to COVID-19 circumstances.
Please complete all sections of the registration form and upload relevant supporting documentation.
If you have any difficulties with the registration process or would prefer a printed copy of the Verification and Impact Statement (VIS), please contact our office for assistance on 8313 5962 or email email@example.com. You are also welcome to drop by our office during business hours - Hughes building, level 6.
Once we receive your online registration, we will contact you to arrange an appointment to meet with a Disability Advisor. During this appointment the information in your registration and the documentation provided will be discussed, to help us with determining what Reasonable Adjustments you may require.