University study can be a challenge … even more so if you have a disability or medical condition that you need to manage as well.
Disability Support can help you manage ways to accommodate your disability or medical condition whilst at Uni so you can focus your energy towards your studies. We encourage you to register with our service as soon as you enrol in your courses, or as soon as possible, so that we have sufficient time to discuss the impact of your condition on your studies, and to put the right supports in place for you.
You are welcome to register before you have been made an offer of study, if you have complex requirements. This will enable us to start discussing your needs and how we might be able to support you.
The NDCO (National Disability Coordination Officer Program) has developed some useful pre-planning toolkits for people with disability entering Higher Education.
Who do we support?
We support students with a wide range of disabilities and medical conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Learning difficulties (e.g. Dyslexia or Dyspraxia)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Medical conditions (e.g. Crohns Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Cancer)
- Physical disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Mental health conditions (e.g. Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia)
- Sensory impairments (e.g. vision or hearing)
- Mobility difficulties (e.g. use of mobility aids)
- Brain injury (e.g. strokes or injuries caused by accidents)
- Temporary injuries (e.g. fractured limb)
We understand that some students don’t identify their condition as a ‘disability’. However, if your ongoing health condition is impacting in any way on your studies, we are here to help- please contact us.
How to contact us?
Disability Support is located in Hughes Building, level 6, North Terrace campus 
If you are unable to manage stairs, please refer to accessible routes shown on the campus map, or contact our office on 8313 5962 or . We will be able to advise you about the easiest accessible route based on where you will be entering the campus.
We also have a Student Support Coordinator located at Roseworthy campus in the Roseworthy College Hall - Main Building;
Phone: 8313 7812 or email email@example.com