Steps to Apply
See below steps to apply for a study abroad and exchange program.
Step 1: Prepare your application
a) Check if you meet the entry requirements.
Choose courses you would like to study at the University, which you will need to list in the application form. It is possible to change courses later if required. Information about available courses can be found here.
You will need the following documents (in English) if you would like to apply for the Exchange or Study Abroad program at the University of Adelaide:
- Scanned colour copy of information page of a valid passport
- Scanned colour copy of official academic transcript (including past and current enrolment and home university grading scale)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (where required)
- If you select courses from Sciences, Health Sciences, Law, MBA (Adelaide Master of Business Administration), Music, Languages (other than English), Education, Criminology and Media, syllabi/course descriptions of courses completed in these areas at your home university are required.
Step 2: Application process
Study periods, application deadlines and other key dates can be found here.
- Complete your home institution's exchange student application process.
- Your institution will nominate you to become an exchange student with us.
- Following your nomination, we will send you instructions and a link to the online application form.
Study abroad student
- Applying through your home university
- Complete your home institution's study abroad student application process.
- Your institution will nominate you to become a Study Abroad student with us.
- Following your nomination, we will send you instructions and the online application form.
- Applying through an international representative or agent
- Contact one of our international representatives or agents.
- They will contact us on your behalf and forward you our online application form.
- Applying directly to the University of Adelaide
Your application will be assessed after all required documentation has been received. If you are accepted, an offer of admission will be forwarded electronically to you via email.
You will need to accept the offer by completing required details, signing it and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, you will also need to make Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and tuition fee payments as per the instructions in your offer of admission.
Step 3: Visa application and enrolment
a) Visa Application
Once we have received your acceptance documents and payment (if applicable) we will issue you with an electronic confirmation of enrolment (CoE). You will need the CoE to apply for a student visa directly with the Department of Home Affairs.
Summer and Winter School students do not require a CoE or OSHC. They may apply for a visitor visa. Students are responsible for choosing a visa option that allows them to study a short program in Australia.
Please note the University has no involvement in visa application processes and Study Overseas is not authorised to provide immigration assistance and advice.
When you receive your CoE you can also enrol online in your courses at the University of Adelaide. Please follow the instructions received from the University by email.
Step 4: Plan your arrival
When you have received your visa you can book accommodation and your flight. Information about accommodation options can be found here.
Make sure you check your emails (including your junk folder) for updates from the University about your enrolment, orientation and arrival.