Study Abroad

  • Eligibility

    To gain admission to our Study Abroad program you must:

    1. be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program in an overseas institution that does not have an official exchange agreement in place with the University of Adelaide or does not have any exchange places available
    2. have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study prior to commencing in your Study Abroad program
    3. achieve a 2.5/4.0 minimum GPA
    4. meet the English language requirements
    5. meet any prerequisites shown for the courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the course outline listing.
  • Study options

    Study Abroad students can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses during Summer School, Winter School, semesters, trimesters or a combination of these study periods.

    For example you might want to study during semester 2 and Summer School.

    Further information can be found on our Choosing a Course website.

    Upon the completion of your program, an official digital University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to you. You can share this with your home institution electronically.

    Courses completed may be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to organise the credit transfer with your home institution

  • Fees

    Study Abroad students pay tuition fees for their courses to the University of Adelaide, not to their home university.

    Study Abroad students incur three main costs; tuition fees, living expenses and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). To see a breakdown of these costs and other costs associated with Study Abroad, visit the fees page of our website.

    Unfortunately, there are no scholarships currently available to Study Abroad students.

  • Steps to apply

    You will need to create an account and then click apply direct via our Admissions Portal. Select ‘Inbound Study Abroad Program’ and complete the application form.

    For information about the application process view our steps to apply.

  • Visa

    Most Study Abroad students apply for a non-award student visa. You must have received your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) and OSHC document before making a student visa application. For any visa enquiries please refer to the Department of Home Affairs or contact your local Australian embassy.

    To fulfil Australian student visa requirements, exchange students must be enrolled in at least 9 units (usually 3 courses) at the University of Adelaide..