To gain admission to our Study Abroad program you must:
- be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program in an overseas institution that does not have an official exchange agreement in place with The University of Adelaide or does not have any exchange places available
- have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study prior to commencing in your Study Abroad program
- achieve a 2.5/4.0 minimum GPA
- meet the English Language Requirements
- meet any prerequisites shown for the courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the course outline listing
Study Abroad students can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses during Summer School, Winter School, Semesters, Trimesters or a combination of these study periods.
For example you might want to study during Semester 2 and Summer School.
Study Abroad students pay tuition fees for their courses to The University of Adelaide, not to their home university.
Study Abroad students incur three main costs; tuition fees, living expenses and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). To see a breakdown of these costs and other costs associated with Study Abroad, visit the fees page of our website.
An official University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to you electronically.
Courses completed may be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to organise the credit transfer with your home institution.
Steps to apply
Most Study Abroad students apply for a student visa. You must have received your Confirmation of Enrolment from the University of Adelaide before making a student visa application. For any visa enquiries please refer to the Department of Home Affairs or contact your local Australian Embassy.
To fulfil Australian student visa requirements, Study Abroad students must be enrolled in at least 3 courses (9 units) at the University of Adelaide.
The University of Adelaide offers the following internships to Study Abroad students. These are worth 6 units of credit – equal to half a semester workload and are taken as part of a student's academic program.
Please be aware that there may be special requirements and different deadlines for these courses.
We do not currently offer other internships outside of these courses.
Unfortunately, there are no scholarships currently available to Study Abroad students.