Studying in Adelaide
There are many benefits to studying one or two semesters at the University of Adelaide as part of your degree.
The University of Adelaide is a comprehensive university offering studies in a range of disciplines, allowing you to find the courses you need to complement your academic studies and enjoy a great lifestyle experience.
Through participating in the Study Abroad and Exchange program you can:
- enhance your academic credentials, expand your knowledge and extend your international perspective
- gain credit from your home institution
- improve your language skills and cultural understanding
- develop your self-confidence and social skills
- build strong global networks and make new friends
- enhance your employability
There's so much to love about Adelaide!
The city was founded in 1836 and is the state capital of South Australia, with a current population of about 1.3 million people.
We occupy a unique position among Australian cities, featuring:
- Affordable cost-of-living - Adelaide is one of the most affordable mainland capital cities in which to live, including food, transportation and accommodation.
- Lifestyle - Adelaide is friendly and offers a real sense of community while also offering a wide range of attractions and entertainment.
- Climate - Adelaide enjoys a Mediterranean climate: ranging from 16°C average maximum in winter to 22°C in autumn and spring and 29°C during summer.
- Study environment - Adelaide is the safest, cleanest, greenest and one of the most affordable Australian cities in which to study. Its size and sense of comfort means it provides an atmosphere conducive to study.
You want beaches? Festivals? Proximity to beautiful Australian nature and the Outback? Adelaide has all of this - and more!
The University of Adelaide is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
It is a member of Australia's Group of Eight, made up of the country's best universities, and features a beautiful campus with traditional sandstone buildings mixed with cutting-edge learning and research facilities.
A degree from the University of Adelaide is internationally recognised. We have produced numerous Nobel Laureates whose research has made an enormous impact on the world, as well as more than 100 Rhodes Scholars and 100 Fulbright Scholars.
"I didn't know much about Adelaide before I arrived but I soon discovered it has great museums and parks, lots of sporting events and of course gorgeous, white-sandy beaches."Mathias Mauer - Germany