Study Abroad - Fast Facts
To gain admission to our Study Abroad program you must:
- be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program in an overseas institution that does not have an official exchange agreement in place with the University of Adelaide or does not have any exchange places available
- have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study prior to commencement in your Study Abroad program.
- must achieve a 2.5/4.0 minimum GPA
- meet the English Language Requirements
- meet any prerequisites shown for the particular courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the Course Outline listing.
- Study Options
Study Abroad students can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses during Summer School, Winter School or Semesters 1 or 2 or a combination of study periods.
For example you might want to study during Semester 2 and Summer School.
Study Abroad students pay tuition fees for their courses to the University of Adelaide, not to their home university.
Study Abroad students incur three main costs; tuition fees, living expenses and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). To see a breakdown of these costs and other costs associated with Study Abroad, visit the Fees page of our website.
- Credit Transfer
An official University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to you electronically. Courses completed may be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to contact a course advisor at your home institution to discuss credit transfer.
- Steps to Apply
Most Study Abroad students apply for a student visa. You must have received your Confirmation of Enrolment from the University of Adelaide before making a student visa application.
Working Holiday Visas (WHV) may be available to Study Abroad students from certain countries. Check with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to find out which visa best applies to your circumstances.
For more information on visa applications, visit our Visa page or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Please note the University of Adelaide has no involvement in visa applications, they are completed by the student through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
To fulfil Australian student visa requirements, Study Abroad students must be enrolled in at least 3 courses (9 units) at the University of Adelaide.
The University of Adelaide offers the following internships to Study Abroad students. These are worth 6 units of credit – equal to 2 courses and are taken as part of a student's academic program.
- South Australian Parliamentary Internship
- Arts Internship
- International Studies
- Professions (Business)
Please be aware that there are special requirements for these courses.
Unfortunately, there are no scholarships currently available to Study Abroad students.