MSS 572.994 B32t
Photographs : South-West Area
Members of Aboriginal communities are advised that this listing contains images and names of deceased persons. Some titles have been transcribed from original items and reflect attitudes of the time.
29. Ngandil, a Tourarup
30. Timbal, Vasse district (in profile)
31. Timbal (front view)
32. King Peter, Bunbury
33. Ngilgee ('The last Busselton native')
34. Ngilgee and others (mainly women and children)
35. Joobaitch ('The last Perth Bibbulmun') (postcard)
36. Group of four Aboriginal men (from unknown paper)
37. Group of Aboriginal men ready for a corroboree (postcard, to which Bates has added individuals' names)
38. Bates with Joobaitch and his family, 1904.
39. Two Nagarnook men
40. Bishop Salvado, Abbot-Nullins, New Norcia 1849-1902.
41. Group of 26 South Western and North Western Aboriginal men, participants at the Perth Carnival, February 1910. (From the Western Mail 12 February, 1910. Individuals' names added by Bates.)
42. Causeway, Bunbury (photograph somewhat indistinct)
43. Australind R.C. Chapel, Dardenup
44. Aboriginal men, women and children of several South West areas assembled to meet Governor and Lady Bedford at Maamba, 1902.
45. Dardenup Church (R.C.)
46. Aboriginal woman and man ('Crow' and 'White Cockatoo' -- noted by Bates) (Postcard)
47. Group of Aboriginal women and children