First Responder Training
Building your understanding and confidence in responding appropriately to sexual violence.
Yarrow Place offers a range of training and education options.
As the lead public health unit responding to adult rape and sexual assault in South Australia, Yarrow Place provides training and education to other agencies and workers delivering services to people who have been raped or sexually assaulted. This includes providing training, information and support to workers in a range of occupations and co-working with other services and working to prevent rape and sexual assault.
Training and Education is offered in the following areas:
- recognising and responding to disclosures of rape and sexual assault
- medical service provision
- counselling and therapeutic models of intervention
- trauma informed care and practice.
For more information see
- call the Yarrow Place Training and Community Engagement Program (Ph:(08) 8226 8777)
- or email YWSWTraining@sa.gov.au