Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Students
We can help you to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders students and their families to transition from high school to university.
Support for students
We work closely with Wirltu Yarlu Aboriginal Education to provide advice and support to any Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students who want to study at the University of Adelaide.
The Domestic Recruitment Team has a dedicated Indigenous Future Student Advisor who supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and their families. You can contact Louise Mitchell if you would like to arrange a school or campus visit.
We can help your students by:
- Providing information on pathways to university (classroom presentations)
- 1-1 meetings with students and parents
- Campus tours
How your students can get involved
Throughout the year we are involved in various events and programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students. It is a great chance for your students to come onto a university campus and to see other students who have made the leap from high school to uni.
Some of the events/programs we are involved in are:
- Marni Wingku – chance to discover university designed for students in years 8 - 12
- Karnkanthi Indigenous Education Program - (meaning ‘lifting up’ in Kaurna language) is a new pathway, education and development program at The University of Adelaide for high-achieving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in years 11 and 12/13
- SACE Aboriginal Student Pathways Conference – organised by the SACE Board of SA, this conference is for students in years 8 - 12
For more information on these events and programs, visit the Wirltu Yarlu website.