Supporting High Achieving Students
We understand the importance of supporting your students' significant academic accomplishments, which is why we offer a range of programs and scholarships for high achievers.
The Headstart program is for current high school students looking to get a head start on university studies:
- Study at university while still in Year 12
- It is a scholarship program - students are exempt from tuition costs and the Student Services and Amenities Fee
- University course(s) can count towards their SACE and ATAR
- A chance to find out what university is like before finishing school
- Course(s) may count as credit towards a University of Adelaide degree
Our Advanced Degrees are designed for high achieving students who wish to delve deeper into the contemporary issues of their field. These degrees have a greater emphasis on research and offer exciting opportunities to work with university researchers on current real world problems.
The University of Adelaide offers the following Advanced Degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Economics (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
Karnkanthi Indigenous education program
Karnkanthi is a pathway, education and development program aimed at high-achieving Aboriginal and Torres Strait students in Year 11 and 12. The program includes:
- Student Development Scholarship
- Tutoring provided through Wirltu Yarlu’s Tutorial Program
- Success kit
- Academic skills training
- Personal skills development
The hard work students put into Year 12 does not go unnoticed. We offer a range of different scholarships for students who excel academically and provide valuable contributions to their school community.