The University of Adelaide expects students to understand their responsibility for academic integrity and to develop the knowledge and skills to avoid plagiarism.
University policy on academic integrity and plagiarism
The University of Adelaide's academic integrity policy includes the issues associated with plagiarism, the responsibilities of the faculty/school/department, the responsibilities of staff and students, as well as the procedures and penalties for plagiarism.
All staff, students and affiliates of the University of Adelaide who are involved in research practice should be familiar with and must comply with:
- the University of Adelaide's responsible conduct of research policy
- the Australian code for the responsible conduct of research (2018)
Student guides and resources
Turnitin is a software used for checking and marking student assignments. For most of your courses, you will hand in your assignments via Turnitin, and the markers will give you feedback via Turnitin as well. Turnitin will also give you an originality report. This report will tell you how similar your writing is to other texts that can be found online and in other student assignments.
To find out more about the importance of this kind of software and how you can use it, check out the videos below.
Getting an originality report from Turnitin before you hand in your assignment.
You can now check your draft assignments for text matching and text originality (prior to submitting the assignment for marking) by submitting draft assignments to the Turnitin self-assessment tool within MyUni.
- To access the tool, go to MyUni and find a course called Turnitin Originality Check. Enter this course and upload your assignment draft.
- Your instructors will not see any drafts you submit there, and none of these drafts will be considered if you subsequently submit your edited and finalised assignment through Turnitin for marking within your course (if your instructor has enabled Turnitin assignment submission in your MyUni course).
- You cannot submit your assignments for marking through the Turnitin self-assessment tool. You can only check your assignment drafts for originality.
- If you have any questions about academic integrity, plagiarism, or the results you receive generated though the Turnitin originality report using the Turnitin self-assessment tool please visit us in the Writing Centre or email your questions to us.