Waite Campus

The University of Adelaide's Waite campus is home to the largest concentration of agriculture and wine research and teaching expertise in the Southern Hemisphere.

Waite campus

Here, the Waite Research Precinct (The Waite) is a hive of complementary organisations and centres engaged in world-class research and development in plant biotechnology, cereal breeding, sustainable food and agriculture, wine, horticulture and natural resource sciences.

Named in honour of Peter Waite, the Waite Agricultural Research Institute was established on the site in 1924 following the bequest of Urrbrae House and 300 acres from Mr Peter Waite to the University of Adelaide.

The objective of the bequest was "to advance the cause of education and more especially to promote the teaching and study of Agriculture and Forestry and allied subjects".

The campus is located on 184 hectares in the Adelaide foothills with views to the sea and the city. It is located at Urrbrae, seven kilometres south east of North Terrace campus and the Adelaide CBD.

Campus map and directions

PDF map JPG image map A3 PDF map

Use the map below to get directions to the University's Waite campus.