Redrafting Your Essay Diagram Text Description
Below is a text description of the redrafting your essay diagram under redrafting your essay on the essay writing page.
Redrafting your essay
- Is the main point of each paragraph clear?
- Does each point clearly relate to my thesis?
- Have all my external sources been cited and referenced?
- Have I included enough examples and citations?
- Have I shown that I have read widely and used up-to-date external sources?
- Is my conclusion logical from the evidence I present?
Style of language used
- Do I always use appropriate academic language?
- Is my voice clear and do I lead rather than follow?
- Does my essay read well - is it coherent, cohesive and concise?
- Have I checked for mistakes in grammar, spelling and punctuation?
- Is my style appropriately objective and clear?
Purpose of essay
- Have I answered the question properly?
- Does it follow the prescribed guidelines in therms of length, style, referencing, etc.?
- Is there a clear central argument?
- Could I summarise my major position in a couple of sentences?
- Has the essay achieved its purpose?
Organisation and structure
- Have I defined key terms early on?
- Do the introduction, main body and conclusion follow structural conventions?
- Have I made clear links between the introduction and the conclusion?
- Have I followed the 1 idea 1 paragraph rule and linked my paragraphs?
- Are my paragraphs balanced in length and in argument?