Photographs : Miscellaneous
Members of Aboriginal communities are advised that this listing contains images and names of deceased persons. Some titles have been transcribed from original items and reflect attitudes of the time.
64. Daisy Bates and her 90 folders of records.
65. Daisy Bates in 'bush raiment'.
66. Daisy Bates and the skull of a young Murray River Aboriginal.
67. Two Aboriginal men and a woman seated outside a shelter, Robe, South Australia.
68. Two Aboriginal men (postcard, The Austral Series, no. 2)
69. Two Aboriginal men (postcard, titled 'West Australian Blacks'; Bates has noted on back - "Eastern States' natives")
70. An Irish cabin at Dardanup, Western Australia, 1901.
71. Group of Aboriginal men raising boomerangs and spears (Bates has noted "Mission Station area")
72. Daisy Bates' droving team and commisariat, 1900-1.
73. Nebinyan ("..whose people saw Flinders").
74. Unidentified Aboriginal man, woman and child.
75. Unidentified Aboriginal man, woman and child (different individuals to those in preceding photo)
76. Unidentified Aboriginal man.
77. Three unidentified men standing by an anvil.
78. Unidentified Aboriginal man standing by window.
79. Unidentified Aboriginal man holding boomerang and shield (Bates has noted "The shield does not belong to these people - it comes from W.A.")
80. Madge [?] Blake, aged 2 ½ (later Madge Broadhurst)
81. Doris Cameron, August 1927.
82. Aboriginal man (photo in small envelope labelled James (Chimi), with another envelope, empty, labelled Rafael (Charles)).
83. Kit and Nick Boutcher with their father, 1945.
85. Daisy Bates and unidentified passenger and driver in camel buggy.
86. Mrs. Bates leaving Yalata Homestead for Wirrulia camp, 1916. [Transferred 19/08/03 from Daisy Bates Memorial Committee file in the papers of J.B. Cleland]