The Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP) website provides information and clear steps to assist you in lodging an appeal or making a complaint about a decision or determination made by a member of University staff. The Policy provisions around student grievance resolution can be found in the Student Grievance Resolution Policy.

The SGRP does not apply for students who have a grievance or complaint against an action by a University staff member, another student or group of students involving unfair treatment. If you have an academic or administrative grievance that includes reference to unfair treatment, the matter will be referred to the University’s Student Behaviour and Conduct Procedure.

Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP)  

The SGRP is available to all students at minimal or no cost. If you are an international student, the University is required to maintain your enrolment while your stage 3: Internal University Appeal is ongoing (and in some cases while your external review is ongoing).

Students with a grievance may wish to consult with a Student Grievance Advisor for advice at any stage of the grievance process.

Access the relevant section below to learn more about how to pursue your grievance or complaint.

Academic decisions

Appeal a decision, which involves the exercise of academic judgement about a mark or grade or finding of academic dishonesty.

Administrative decisions

Appeal a decision or administrative matter or complaint about a University service or facility. This includes any grievance you may have about your dealings with the University, the University's education agents or any related party the University has an arrangement with to deliver a program or related service.


Appeal an exclusion from your program for unsatisfactory academic progress.

Research and higher degree students

Appeal a suspension of canditature, thesis examination mark or report of matters of academic/research misconduct.

Misconduct or unfair treatment

Report misconduct by University staff or students, including unfair treatment, bullying, discrimination, victimisation, sexual harassment or sexual assault.

Amendment to Enrolment and Fees

The Amendment to Enrolment and Fees process replaces the previous ‘Amendment to Enrolment’ and ‘Special Circumstances: Refunds, Remissions and Re-credits’ processes. Please refer to Special Circumstances on the Student Finance web page.

For grievances about decisions made in accordance with the University's student finance procedures and policies, please visit the student finance web page.

Staff portal

For staff involved, at any stage of a student grievance, please access this button for more information about your role and responsibilities. (staff login access only)

Can’t find what you are looking for?

Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP)


Any enquiries regarding the Student Grievance Resolution Process (SGRP) can be directed to the Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors.

Contact a Student Grievance and Conduct Advisor