University of Adelaide researchers (inventors) can disclose their invention by completing an online Invention Disclosure Form through our Inventor Portal.
Please note: you must be connected to the University of Adelaide network to access the Inventor Portal.
Step 1 (only for new users): Requesting an account:
(estimated time 5 minutes)
If you already have an account go straight to Step 2.
- Go to the Inventor Portal
- Click on Request account
- A Request New Account pop-up will appear asking you to enter your email address to receive a verification email. Enter your University of Adelaide email and click Submit.
- Check your inbox for a verification email which contains a link to create your account.
- Click on the link to access the Create Account page.
- Complete the fields and click on Create an Account.
- Your account request will be sent to our Commercialisation team for approval.
- Once your account has been approved you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note accounts are reviewed for approval during business hours only.
Step 2: Submitting Part A of the invention disclosure form
(estimated time 5-10 minutes)
- After being granted an account, go to the Inventor Portal
- Follow the prompts to complete Part A of the form and submit.