As part of your induction to the University, new staff will be invited to attend the following events:
The Vice-Chancellor's Welcome to Adelaide event provides an opportunity for new staff to hear from the University's senior leaders and learn more about the University's history, mission, culture, goals and values. The welcome forms part of the induction process and is delivered three times a year. All new staff, with the exception of casual staff and staff on short term contracts, are invited to attend.
The event endeavours to provide new staff with:
- knowledge of the University's origins and history
- an understanding of the University's vision, mission and values;
- a sense of the University's culture;
- awareness of where their role fits within the context of the University;
- an opportunity to meet the Executive; and
- the opportunity to network and connect with colleagues.
The half-day event is held at the National Wine Centre. The proceedings include:
- Introduction from the Manager Learning and Development, Human Resources
- Welcome from the Vice-Chancellor & President
- Overview of the Academic & Student Engagement portfolio - Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Academic)
- Overview of the Research portfolio - Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Research)
- Overview of the University Operations portfolio - Chief Operating Officer
- Networking activities throughout
- Drinks and nibbles after the event
New staff will be personally invited four weeks before the event. If you have not received an invitation and wish to attend, or have been previously unable to attend, please contact Learning and Development to discuss.
* Due to Covid-19, the Vice-Chancellor's Welcome to Adelaide event is under review.
The Manager's Induction program is designed for managers who are new to the University or new to a leadership role within the University. The two-part program gives managers an overview of how the University works enabling them to integrate into the University and become effective in their role quickly. Please visit the Manager's Induction program for further information.