Barbara Kidman Fellowship Scheme
The University of Adelaide Barbara Kidman Women's Fellowship Scheme is designed to support female academics to enhance and promote their career.
The Scheme offers opportunities to enhance, maintain, or re-invigorate research momentum, and assist the Fellowship recipients in applying for, and assuming, enhanced roles in the near future. Preference will be given to those staff whose research momentum has been affected by caring responsibilities, resulting in career-disruption or reduced working hours.
Applications for the 2023 round are closed.
- be female academic staff already employed by the University of Adelaide at Levels B and C;
- hold a continuing position, or have a contract for a minimum of two years from 2024;
- have been employed by the University of Adelaide since at least 1 January 2023, at a minimum of 0.4 FTE;
- have experienced a career disruption resulting from caring responsibilities within the last 5 years which has impacted on their work;
- have been awarded a PhD or have equivalent standing; and
- not have had SSP within the last 12 months
- Up to ten Fellowships will be offered.
- Read the quickguide detailing how to create & complete the Internal Fund Scheme (IFS) eForm.
- Contact the Head of School to establish support for the application and arrange for the Head of School acknowledgement form to be signed.
- Prepare your application text in a Word template (NOT for uploading).
- Prepare your curriculum vitae to address the CV requirements.
- Copy and paste prepared application text into the IFS eForm (accessed via ResearchMaster), and upload CV, Head of School acknowledgement form and any other supporting documentation.
Pre-Award team - Research Services
- ABLE: Xiaochun Liu and Greg Macpherson
- HMS: Lesley Ritter and Julia Kuliwaba
- SET: Angie Jarrad and Marie Lagadec