Beach picnic weather
Yes, it is still a tad bit too cold to go into the ocean, but how gorgeous have these Spring days been? My friends and I could not help but spend our lunch break at Glenelg Beach (the tram makes it oh so easy)! We grabbed a yiros from Jetty Road, sat in a shady spot on the grass, and enjoyed this time together. Safety should always be a top priority when enjoying the beach. Here's how to ensure a safe day under the sun:
- Sunscreen: Reapply sunscreen every two hours, especially if you've been swimming. Don't forget to cover often-missed areas like your ears, neck, and the tops of your feet.
- Hydration: Bring plenty of water to stay hydrated, especially in hot weather. Dehydration can sneak up on you when you're having fun in the sun.
- Shade: Seek out shaded areas, like beach umbrellas or cabanas, to take breaks from the sun's direct rays.
Ah, beach weather – the perfect antidote to those long, chilly winter months spent buried under layers of clothing. As the days get longer and the temperature rises, the siren call of the beach becomes irresistible. There's something undeniably magical about the combination of a sun-kissed shoreline, the sound of waves lapping the shore, and a carefully crafted picnic spread. Beach-side picnics are the epitome of summer relaxation, offering a delightful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Beach-side picnics are more than just a meal; they're a celebration of nature's beauty and a moment of pure relaxation. Whether you're picnicking with loved ones or enjoying some alone time, the beach offers the perfect backdrop for a memorable dining experience. So, pack your basket, gather your beach essentials, and head to the shore to savor the serenity of a beach-side picnic. It's a simple yet extraordinary way to make lasting summer memories.
Adelaide's got some seriously stunning sandy spots that'll have you dreaming of sun, surf, and sea breezes. Whether you're up for the hustle and bustle of Glenelg or the reefs of Port Noarlunga, this blog post is your passport to the best beach days Adelaide has to offer. Let's dive in!
1. Glenelg Beach
This beach is a total superstar, and it's just a hop, skip, and a jump (well, 10 kilometers) from Adelaide's city center. What makes Glenelg awesome?
- Crystal-clear waters of Holdfast Bay – perfect for swimming.
- Lively Jetty Road with its restaurants, cafes, and boutiques.
- A historic tram ride to Moseley Square – it's like a step back in time.
- Sunsets that'll knock your socks off.
2. Henley Beach
Henley Beach is the chilled-out beach we all need in our lives. Here's what to expect:
- A long jetty, calm waters, and a super relaxing vibe.
- Henley Square – a shady spot for picnicking under palm trees.
- Swimming and paddleboarding in the sheltered waters.
- An awesome beachfront dining scene for seafood lovers.
3. Port Noarlunga Beach
Port Noarlunga Beach is a magical underwater wonderland. Dive into these highlights:
- Snorkeling or diving to explore the Port Noarlunga Reef and Underwater Trail.
- Sandy beach vibes when you're just chillin'.
- Scenic jetty strolls with fantastic coastline views.
Adelaide's coastline is packed with awesome beaches, each with its own unique charm. Whether you're into the lively scene at Glenelg, the laid-back family fun at Henley Beach, or the underwater adventures at Port Noarlunga, you're in for a treat. So, grab your sunscreen, beach gear, and your favorite beach buddy – it's time to hit the sands and make some unforgettable beach memories. Adelaide's best beaches are waiting.
PS I celebrated picnic weather this week by having this easy, scrummy smoothie all week long in between thesis-writing sessions.
Spring smoothie a la Ember - blend the following together:
- 1 cup fruit (blueberries and strawberries are at a good price at the moment)
- 1 cup almond milk (or your milk of preference)
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yoghurt for some protein and probiotics