What to Support
Your support is an investment in today’s research and tomorrow’s leaders.
You are invited to work with us to address some of the big challenges we face today.
There are many areas within the University that you may wish to support. For more information contact +61 8 8313 5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships attract high-calibre students from Australia and abroad. They act as an incentive for students to strive for and achieve excellence in their studies and also provide support for students who might otherwise be unable to take up a university place.Your support could assist:
The University of Adelaide recognises that those who are financially or educationally disadvantaged should not be denied access to quality tertiary education. It is for this reason that the University aims to double the number of scholarships available to students.
- Students of disadvantage through the Augustus Short Scholarships Appeal
- Commencing undergraduate students (Australian and overseas)
- Undergraduate honours students (Australian and overseas)
- Higher degree by research students (Australian and overseas)
- Study abroad (Australian students)
- Postdoctoral fellowships (Australian and overseas students)
- Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Our researchers are passionately invested in addressing some of the biggest global challenges of our time. We have gained great research strength by aligning our expertise and resources with issues of critical importance, and building strong international alliances. More than 90% of our research areas are ranked at or above world-class according to the Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) initiative which measures the quality and impact of research at Australian universities.
We are seeking to provide 10 Early Career Fellowships. These five-year academic positions for researchers in the early stages of their careers are a springboard for career development and result in significant research output.
Philanthropic support in key areas, such as those listed below, will elevate our capabilities and fast-track important discoveries.
- Environmental Research Institute
- Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences Research
- Faculty of Health Sciences Research
- Faculty of Arts Research
- Faculty of the Professions Research
- Faculty of Sciences Research
- Florey Medical Research Foundation
- Joanna Briggs Foundation
- Peter Couche Foundation
- The Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources (IMER)
- The Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing (IPAS)
- The Robinson Research Institute
- The Waite Research Institute (WRI)
- Capital Projects
The tangible elements of the University - its buildings, statues and grounds - are fundamental to the unique experience of studying and working at the University of Adelaide.Heritage Foundation
There are more than 30 heritage-listed buildings at the University of Adelaide that require ongoing maintenance to ensure students have access to the best possible facilities. The Heritage Foundation aims not only to restore the past, but also to ensure a bright future. A gift to the University of Adelaide Heritage Foundation will:
- Finance the ongoing restoration and preservation of our heritage buildings
- Free up capital to focus on nurturing world-class research
- Allow us to continue to attract the best staff and students from around Australia and the world.
New buildings create spaces that enrich the student experience and research output of the University in remarkable ways. At the University, our focus is purpose-built spaces that change the way people interact.
We are removing the boundaries between teaching and research to awaken the spirit of discovery right from the beginning of University life. New spaces to facilitate small group discovery and teacher/student interaction are a key aspect of this vision.
By partnering with the University in support of capital works projects you will be building a future that redefines what is possible for teaching and research. Capital works projects include:
New Adelaide Medical and Nursing Schools
Our new 13-storey, $206 million medical and nursing school is the biggest capital works undertaking in the University’s history. Along with the new Dental Clinic, these buildings will form part of the new South Australian Health and Biomedical Precinct in Adelaide's West End. Give now.
Library of the future
With information stored and accessed digitally across the globe, our new library will move from being a physical place to a place of interaction where information held in diverse locations is brought to life and into conversations. Rather than simply helping people find, the new library will facilitate discovery and creation. Give now.
For more information on giving to capital projects, contact +61 8 8313 5800 or email email@example.com.