How to feel awesome every day
Life is a challenge. It has its highs, it has it's lows. It has it's mediums when you don't really know what's happening or what to do.
And sometimes, we can just get plain bored especially in the times we're living in where a lot is limited.
Many of us have been staying home more than usual due to these restrictions and whilst Adelaide has it better than a lot of other places, sometimes we still need to find some things to do to keep us entertained and on top of our mental health. And many of us have been just plain busy and have found it difficult to take the time for ourselves and our friends and family. In short, it's a busy time. I'm a sucker for lists, so I've put together a few different things one might call a sort of bucket list to help you destroy your boredom, take a break from work and uni and brighten your life up a little.
Instant good vibes:
- Drink some tea and have a biscuit
- Create a playlist of songs that make you happy
- Get creative and make something (food, art, DIY, etc.)
- Watch your favourite comfort show/movie
- Go for a walk or sit in your backyard
- Play or cuddle your pet
- Unfollow social media pages that get you down
- Go to a cafe by yourself or invite a friend (spontaneously)
- Plan an adventure for summer
- Morning exercise. Even 5-10 minutes of easy yoga makes all the difference and makes you feel refreshed (find videos of YouTube).
- Dance around the house or make up a routine
- Watch the clouds go by on a nice warm day
- Listen to loud music
Helping someone else feel good, makes you feel good:
- Call a loved one you haven't spoken to in a while
- Help someone who is having a difficult time, be a shoulder
- Give someone a big hug
- Help out your parents with cleaning, cooking, make them feel seen and appreciated, tell them you love them
- Make someone an awesome playlist
- Send a heartfelt message to your friends, or memes and funny videos to make their day
- Invite your friends over to chill
- Have a "Jar of Happiness" and try every day to write a little note to pop in there whenever something amazing happens that makes you happy or excited. Then read them at the end of the year.
- Write your goals and make lists (small goals, medium goals and big dream goals)
- Bake a treat for you and your friends for the next gathering (or save them all for yourself)
- Find it hard to talk about your feelings sometimes? Afraid people will judge? (first of all don't be, the people who love you want to know what you're feeling and they will help you) Buy a journal and write it down. Doesn't need to be big essay entries, could even be lists or random words or scribbles.
- Make a bath bomb (and then have a bath)
- Get a disposable camera (or one where you can actually replace the roll) and start taking pictures of all the awesome times you have with your friends, on trips, at the beach, at clubs, anywhere! Then take them to get developed, buy a photo album and stick them in. You'll carry those with you for life. You can even stick your favourites on your bedroom walls so you can look at them and smile remembering how good that day was.
Really random things when you have a random burst of energy or feeling crazy:
- Try a new trick like juggling
- Balance things on your face
- Try to touch your nose with your elbow
- Make a fort
- Only use your less dominant hand for the rest of the day
Copy and paste these lists so you can always have them with you. I hope these little things can help you demolish your boredom and make you feel awesome!